Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm as high as a kite...

... 'coz I just ordered the invites! For the past few weeks, I was waiting for a few more elements to be finalized before I could place the order. Complete names, special titles, confirmations of attendance... all this with the help of my mother and my mother-in-law. I was ready to order last week but we still lacked the middle initials of two names, both of which were Joen's frinds. After much prodding, he finally doubled up on his efforts and got the last middle initial last night. Phew! After forwarding the lists to my mom and mom-in-law, and after my mom told me to alphabetize the order, to move a couple of things around, I got my "Go" and made the order.

I had to spend half an hour at least on the pc just making sure I got all the spelling right, the format perfect, and took care of all the other splits I needed to trim. I've been communicating with Jeanm's Customer Service since March of this year just to make sure they could customize things the way I wanted them to. And they've been very cooperative and prompt at replying. 7 days to order, 2-7 days to deliver. I had just bought the chocolate brown envelopes the other day too so as soon as they arrive, I'ma start with the invitees' names already. (I previously decided on using light blue envelopes but changed my mind when I saw the Belgian chocolate-y goodness of the paper, hehe).

I had tried printing light ink on dark material before and Joen laughed his ass off trying to NOT tell me, "I told you so" when I couldn't read anything on the paper. He is a Bosconion after all so he already knew the outcomes of small technicalities like these. Two options now. I write the names on the chocolate brown envelope with special light blue ink or I just encode the names, cut them out and print them on paper. I haven't actually decided yet but I'm thinking I'll go to Office Depot, brown paper in hand and sample all their special ink. If I do find one, I just hope they come in light blue. Otherwise, it's Option no. 2 for us.

For now, I'm just glad this makor expense is out of the way so I can finally mail them to Jersey where my cousin-in-law, Olga, is going to take them with her as she goes home to the Phils. come October 28. Invites should then be sent and distributed by first week of November.

*I just hope Jeanm doesn't screw things up or that they don't find anything undoable with the format. So once again, I'm crossing my fingers and eyes.*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home