Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The sun always shines on TV

Joen and I have pretty much made up our minds as to who is going to take care of our Videography. Last week, my cousin-in-law gave me a link to some of the videos they took. When I watched the first out of maybe ten videos out there, the first word that came to my mind was "drama." The shots were taken in slow-mo and the songs were either operatic or orchestraic. Immediately, I KNEW this wasn't the type of video we wanted for our wedding. So I asked Tisha if we could have a more fun and real-time movement sort of video. Good thing, she said they can and that all we had to do was to sit down with the video people and tell them what we want and how we want it down. In her experience, the couple usually just leaves everything up to the Video team. Maybe that's why on their website, the format is the same almost all throughout and I guess, the primary objective was to make viewers cry. I mean, it worked on Tisha. Hehe.

Just today, Tisha sent us this link of one Videography company who just won an award in Vegas. I saw the winning video and THERE I saw exactly what I knew we wanted for our wedding. It started out slow and easy and after a few seconds, flashes of scenes one after another were shown timed with the perfect percussion interval. I liked it! Conceptualizing within oneself is one thing, seeing the concept come to life is another, and I'm just glad I had something to work and base on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home