Monday, August 28, 2006

Shoe, fly! Don't bother me!

Yesterday, Saturday, Joen and I went to Oakview to check out their shoe stores. I have been on the prowl for the perfect bridal shoes for weeks now since I have to wear it already by the time my gown gets altered next Saturday, Sept 2. My mindset was to go to as many places as possible, online including, and narrow down choices to three and finally buy it within the week. I've been to the Westroads mall and no luck there. I had wanted to check DSW first even but Oakview was nearer to us so there.

We entered Dillard's and of course, I gravitated to my favorite spot with all the Antonio Melanis while Hoen trailed behind me trying to look for something interesting to emasculate his lonely soul. It only took me a minute to find this shoe, this abandoned shoe placed right behin
d another pretty shoe (but it was red). I took one look at it and immediately I knew it was IT. It was soo pretty and very... shall I say "bride-y!" I looked at the back and it said, "6 1/2." Great. I tried the right pair on, FERPECT. I went to the cashier and asked exactly what color it was and if I could get away with wearing an ivory/champagne gown with it. The cashier said it was "Bone." I wasn't too pleased to hear that knowing that BONE was not what I was looking for. But I tried the left pair anyway and man, did they fit even better! (In the US, I encounter more "loose left foot" problems than in Pinas). I walked in them, jumped, skipped, tiptoed and twirled in them. They loved my feet and my feet adored these shoes. Melanis have always been very comfortable and even more so today. I was willing to just have it reserved for a few days while we circled the block but even Joen liked it. No, LOVED it! He loved them so much he wanted us to get them right away! Haha! I was happy to oblige, excited to place the Melanis beside my gown and assess the color effect.

Now THIS was my problem!
"The pearl might go with the ivory but the edging is champagne."

"But the gown is long so people would hardly see the shoe."
"Oh, but the pictures! What if I go wrong with the pictures?"
" Sus, who cares really about the bride's shoes? Nobody'll see them. "

Joen is convinced that they go well together. I emailed Tisha, my dear friend, my loving coordinator who happens to be a shoe horse since the age of 5 (not kidding). She says that although it's hard to judge over photos, it should be ok. And that if things go wrong, we buy shoes in Cebu. And that who cares really? She's probably right and I'm slowly beginning to think that it'll be okay.

Anyway, here are a few pics. Sorry, these pics were taken in our kitchen which is the only white-lighted area in our apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home