Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Caked out

I have never looked at these many wedding cakes before! What happened was that since we are in the US, we are limited to the Wedding Magazines and References that are showcased here. Case in point, our Wedding Cake. For a very long time now, Joen and I have decided that we will have a fondant cake. Check. We also decided that the number of tiers on our cake should only be 3. Check. Basing on these magazines and websites that I've mentioned, the sizes of these cakes were usually quite small, probably something good for 30 - 50 people only, because US weddings don't usually have cakes that go that high or big unless you're a celebrity. So all the while we thought that we were going to have the same sized cake.

Until last night when Tisha of WeddingsbyBliss sent me pictures of some of the cakes our cake supplier, Sandra Lim, has done. I felt stupid! Of course the cake would have to be big enough to feed our 150 guests! Hahaha! (One more proof that I really have never been the wedding person). Yes, we make a cute pair of ignoramuses. Hehe.

So now, our immediate mission is to find our perfect cake! We don't want something too big, too high, too decorated and too... inedible looking? You know those cakes that look too fancy you don't even want to touch them? We don't want those. We want something pleasing to both the eyes and ESPECIALLY to the palate.

I guess back to flipping through magazines and clicking on websites like crazy.

(I just pity my Mom who won't be able to "Have her cake and eat it too" as the adage goes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home