Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Fountain of Hope

During the earliest parts of this year's planning, Tisha had mentioned to me that she might be able to give me a Chocolate Fountain for free. I was ecstatic! I see a lot of chocolate fountains here wherever I go and that would've been the most appropriate thing to have in the wedding- it's fun, it's spectacular and of course, it's chocolate-y. The stupid thing is that I totally forgot about this so that last night when my good friend Beaver told me that her friend who just got married had chocolate fondue, I instantly remembered about that fountain Tisha had told me about. So she and I chatted (we've been doing a lot of that recently) and turns out she won't be able to arrange for it since the chocolate fountain, being not so popular yet in Cebu, needs to be rented from Manila and it costs like P20K a month. WHOAH. Tisha said that her July client bought a fountain themselves here in the US and took it with them in their trip. What's better, it cost only about $50. So I went online and in 5 minutes' time, found these really cheap yet cute chocolate fountains. It actually costs as low as $30 but the question is, are we still able to transport it from the US to Cebu? We already have so much to carry here as it is. Looking at the thing, it sure makes for a rather bulky baggage. 2 options to think of. First, I wrote to my friend Maybelline and asked her if she had her own chocolate fountain, being the hostess extraordinaire that she is. If so, I could just rent it from her and take care of the chocolate and dippings. If not, maybe she knows someone who has one? Secondly, if my brother-in-law indeed pushes through with coming over to the US, maybe we can ask him the favor of including it in his luggage. But he still isn't sure yet so we have to wait for confirmation. For now, we would want to go around some stores and check the appliance out ourselves. There are a lot of cheap ones around and it sure would pay to check them out. In the meantime, I hope I hear from May. Here's a pic of what I found online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home