Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am lucky

to have a hubby who makes wedding planning a walk in the park. What happens is that I am tinkering away on the pc or on stacks of magazines, looking for ideas, vendors, links, images and what not. As soon as I find something I like, I save it in a file along with all the other potential ideas. Then, I show them to Hoen- the images, the budget, how it goes with everything else and all I need is his Yes or No. If he gives me a No, that really means a No. I mean, this is OUR wedding so everything should be OUR decision. A YES from him means he really likes it. I then do more research on how to order, how long it would take to order, shelf life, etc. That's about it. I guess that's why we have gotten a lot of things done sooner than we thought we would because aside from the fact that I love getting things done soonest, I have a partner who is so easy to confer with.

I have heard of bridezillas and brides-to-be who can't seem to make simple decisions or who KEEP on changing their minds every five minutes. I also know of some brides who don't want to plan with their partners because they have a concept all their own and are afraid to bring it up with their fiances becaude of the budget or the fanciness of the whole thing. There are also those whose decisions are very much dictated by their friends. Like their friends literally discourage them from doing what they want simply because they find it inconvenient. Hello... it's THEIR wedding. Back-off and stop trying to stir your influence. Leave them alone, for chrissakes. Anyway, these couples-to-be should know that taking time is different from wasting time.

So I am just proud of how fluid this whole thing has been so far. Let's hope it stays this way until we've marched and all the cake's gone and all we can think of is celebrating the Holidays with family and friends. *crossing fingers and eyes*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home