Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Aides of March

Hoen and I are marching the aisle together instead of just me. There really is no point since we're already married. And I would rather have a hand to hold while 200 people are staring at me, scrutinizing (admit it) what I'm wearing, how my hair and make-up are done, my shoes, my walk. At least there's Hoen to share the spotlight with. Hehe.

Deciding the Bridal March theme is tricky. I mean, I am my mother's daughter. And if the songs to be sang in church does not have her approval, I will have to face the possibility of having a long-faced bridal mother lurking in a corner in church and I won't have that. So I researched and researched and finally, I found it. "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. I love this song, my mom loves this song, Mama loves this song, EVERYONE loves this song! Now, who can sing it? I then thought of Amy, one of the Bitches. She then agreed but was hesitant at the thought of possibly singing it alone. She said she either had to look for a guy to sing it with OR to sing another song. I was ok with it until I spoke with my Mom tonight. Turns out, my uncle, Tito Roy Allego, who is a part of the choir, sings "The Prayer" regularly with one of his students at Cebu Doc. So my Mom is going to ask him if he can do it. If not, my Mom is going to call one of Megan's teachers, Dennis, who just impressed me with his voice the last time I heard him at Royal Oaks. He actually sang "The Prayer" with another female teacher but she's in Dumaguete now. So my Mom is going to have to do some arm twisting. Hehe. I guess Amy is now the third option. But nothing final yet until confirmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home