Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Revenge of the Invits

Hoen and I had already decided long ago that we would have the invitations printed here for the simple reason that we wanted to touch and feel and read the thing for ourselves. If we had it made in Cebu then our parents would have to keep going back and forth, showing the thing to us, editing, showing again, mailing, webcam sessions, all the hassle. We stuck with this decision despite the difference in price.

Ever since the year started, I had been browsing through Bridal Magazines SERIOUSLY for the first time. I went through a few with Tisha of WeddingsbyBliss inside her room but I never paid any attention to anything in it. Just gave a few "ooohhs" and "aaahhs" but that was it. Anyway, one day at Barnes and Noble, I got this InStyle Weddings mag and saw an ad of Jean M. What caught my eye was that they were using the Chocolate Brown and Light Blue colors as their signature ad color for the season. I jotted the URL down and visited the site right away. I was immediately impressed! It got me thinking and conceptualizing about a lot of things... the favors, decors, and of course, the invitation. I became a frequent visitor of the site and before long, I had subscribed to their catalogues. I had gotten catalogues from Invitationsbydawn and other companies as well but I sort of hung on to the ideas of Jean M.

Being the girlscout that I am, I then decided on the lay-out of the invitation. This took me a few days since we were still shaping our entourage list. Tisha sent me a sample invite and I took it from there. The rest, I did by myself. I would consult Hoen and as usual, he would give me his input, leaving us with nothing to argue about. After choosing the lay-out and coming up with my own mock invit,I was a bit concerned about one thing. The US wedding companies are not used to including an entourage list and so I had to pay extra for another sheet. So, on March 23, after sending them the file I made for them to see for themselves how I wanted things laid out and worded, I got a reply from them telling me that yes, they can indeed do all that and they will only charge the same price. No special add-on. I was happy! YES! One less headache. What's more, they sent me a sample of the actual paper and ink and that just appeased me all the more.

*I will just have to take care of the envelopes and the reception cards*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home