Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The fitting feat

I am such a girlscout. Within the month of January, I was browsing through wedding sites for ideas on gowns. I got easily turned off by anything that cost more than $1,000 because I could not, for the life of me, stand to spend that much over something I was only going to use for an hour and dispose of forever! I saw this one gown by Allure (and oh, did I love it). Their office in NJ called me to tell me that they were indeed in NJ. They wanted to know when I was going there. I told them July. No way was I going to try on a gown months before D-Day so I had to say goodbye to that gown. Hoen and I felt more secure with getting the gown here so that I can try it out myself and not have to fear the possibility of having retouches by the time we get home in Cebu. Furthermore, I had already decided that I wasn't going to wear my gown to the reception. I wanted to wear something more comfortable so I can dance to my heart's content. But still, I needed a gown. By the third week of January, I was already trying on dresses. Ok, ok. Maybe that isn't too girlscouty but nevertheless, I wanted to be prepared. I wanted the whole gown fitting out of the way (still don't believe I'm not a "grand wedding" person? Hop to another blog, thank you. Hehe) just so I can concentrate on other stuff. In the Philippines, you have to have a gown tailored. If you couldn't afford it, you rented and no, I wasn't renting. Here in the US, you get shown racks and racks of ready-made gowns. Headache? Not as much as I thought it would be. You see, you are assigned a gown coordinator who will go to lengths just to please you and give you all the time in the world to decide. My coordinator was Mary of David's Bridal and she fell in love with me. And she fell in love with Hoen, when she met him. He showed up and she couldn't believe how angelic my hubby's face was. She just wanted to pinch his cheeks. Haha!

Anyway, I had my first gown fitting and it was fun! I already had an idea on what I wanted. Strapless, A-line and NOT white. I was going for Light Blue and Choc Brown after getting my parents' approval but alas. They can only be found in the Prom section. After sifting through said section, I slowly surrendered to the fact that I may have to settle for ivory. It was the closest thing to what I wanted AND the priest wouldn't be shocked. After comparing David's with the other Bridal stores here, their service was the best and their gowns, most affordable without compromising the quality.

Here are a few pics of that fitting. Remember, this was still during the winter. Told you I was a girlscout. *I had chosen the one in the second picture initially but Tisha of WeddingsbyBliss told me that somebody had copied it in Cebu. So I had to let go of it as an option.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home