Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Motif-ation

Anyone who is close to me knows how partial I am to anything Brown. Or Tan, Beigue, Ecru, and some earth colors. I bore people with it. But I can't help it. I actually think (and know) that it looks best on my skin and well, maybe I'm just not as adventurous and playful with colors as other women are. It was only when I had arrived here in the US that I decided to diversify the spectrum of my wardrobe because well, new country, new civil status.... new closet.

Our civil wedding was held at the beach so it was pretty easy to choose our motif. It was Sky blue and Sand beige. I let Hoen pick our colors on his own and he came up with the same thing. This time for the church wedding, it's different. I had to rethink and rethink and rethink about including Brown in the theme. Everytime I thought of it I'd visualize Doogie's yawns or Maggie's smirk. So I took this online test. Two, actually. One from weddingchannel.com and the other from theknot.com, I think. Both came up with the same answers-- Brown with either Blue or Pink. It was a sign. The heavens sympathized with me and it only made it easier for us to decide. I went with Chocolate Brown and Light Blue. Chocolatey Heaven? You bet. I was happy and very content with my decision. Hoen was, too, and we were both comfortable with the thought of being surrounded by mud and sky that one fateful on December this year.

Now that we had a motif, it was pretty easy to decide on the entourage labels and outfit coordination. Here goes:

Couples' Mothers -- Light Blue with Choc Brown Accent
Couples' Fathers -- Light Blue Barong. (They decided on this on their own)
Principal Sponsors -- Light Blue with Choc Brown Accent
Lady Ghirardelli -- Choc Brown with Light Blue Accent
The Godiva Maids -- Choc Brown cocktail-length dresses with Light Blue Accent
Secondary Sponsors -- Long Light Blue dresses with Choc Brown accents
Little Hershey Girls -- Light Blue gown with Choc Brown floral accents
Three Musketeers -- Barong, very easy

Notice the chocolate heaven I was talking about earlier? You bet! Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home