Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lay off me, Murphy!!

Yesterday was a crappy day. There I was, at Borders, looking through Bridal Magazines to look for ideas for Leg's Godiva Dress and my phone rings. It was from Jeanm. They called to tell me that there was NO way my Entourage List could be listed on one sheet of the paper size I chose. I was infuriated by this simply because of the fact that I had gotten their GO since March of this year. I sent the file with the format I wanted to their Customer Service and got a prompt thumbs-up which provided much relief for Joen and myself at the time. All this, last March. And now, six months later they tell me it can't happen. They right away gave me two solutions. Either order two sheets more to accomodate all the wordings ($174.00) or order a sheet of program ($130.00). NOOOO WAY. Ha-uh. No way I'm paying for something more than what THEY assured me 6 months ago.

So I had to speak with their manager, Heather, who blatantly pleaded with me to be "logical" that I should've seen and figured out for myself that all those words would not fit in. I asked her if she was implying I was stupid, and she said no, and I told her that's because I was UNstupid enough to consult their Customer Service since I am no expert and not a part of the Printing Industry. Also, for some reason, my really complete, thorough, no-stone unturned email did nothing to appease her that YES, I did the liberty in attaching this 6-month-long correspondence I had with their Customer Service. I wasn't about to go ahead and order directly without asking them first if it could be done. If I had to copy and paste my email here (which I really am thinking of doing), EVERYONE would agree just how thorough it is. For Heather, somehow, it wasn't. So we agreed that I would forward to her every single email exchanged between me and their supposedly "huge company" (term c/o Heather) that can't seem to clear the hazy fiber optic channels leading from one department to another. Also, I told her, whatever charges they intended to incur on my account, that they take it out of THAT Customer Service's paycheck for being so reassuringly tanga. She insists that no way would their CS have given a "GO" if she had seen the file I sent. I go, "You can't speak for her. You can't speak for any guy who crosses the street!" I was sooo pissed especially since I knew I was right from here all the way to the shores of Italy.

I felt victory right after we spoke on the phone and couldn't WAIT to send all those emails.

Turns out, the email address she gave me was bouncing back so that I had to wait 'til the next morning so I could call them up and ask for the correct email this time. The email addy she gave me was indeed wrong. Hoh well, I had to get my butt out of bed and on the computer chair. I sent 13 emails in one minute. As soon as she got them, Heather called me and told me that their office only got the list up until the Little Hershey Girls. WHA??? I checked my file, the one I made last March, and sent it to 3 different inboxes. And I opened it as an HTML file and even downloaded them. They all turned out OK- complete, intact, just as I had made them. I cannot, however, have any solid proof whether or not they really ONLY saw that much of the list even if I asked for a screenshot. At this point, I was desperate for time since my cousin-in-law has to have it before the month ends and I still have to do the addresses on the envelope.

So to make a long story short, Heather emailed me the proof on their "solution" however, the Hershey Girls line was right on top of the second page. I called them back, spoke with Deverie who was just so cooperative in helping me figure out how we can include The Little Hershey Girls in the first page since they're still part of the Entourage. We went back and forth on which part should be pushed up, which spaces to remove, da da da. My first solution was to have the Godiva Maids' names in one line. Then I remembered Joen's suggestion earlier. He suggested that instead of having the labels in B11 font and the names in S11 we do it the other way round. Jeanm forwarded to me the second proof and it worked indeed! The Hershey Girls were now a part of the primary list! YEY!! I proofed again and just gave 2 more minor changes on the alphabetization of the names and spacing on the 2nd page. Heather wrote me back that after that's done, production will be on the way.

I was sooo relieved! And I appreciate the discount they gave me AND all their efforts. I have been supressing my maldita-ness in the name of being more like my calm and collected husband but sometimes, a little verbal snapping works. We're in business here after all and mistakes on wedding invitations? INTOLERABLE. My mader duck would kill me. I, the daughter of a language teacher, cannot make these mistakes.

An advise to Brides-to-be out there. Never EVER settle when it comes to something as novel and lasting as your wedding invitation. Take it from me. *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home