Saturday, November 04, 2006

And a MAJOR decision has to be made!

Today, I had my third fitting at David's. My favorite tailor was there, Megan, and so I went there geared up to fit everything with the right pettislip this time. So I wore my bustier, the CORRECT pettislip, my shoes and then finally my gown. Just by looking at it, I knew the flow of my gown looked so much fuller and smoother. I was happy to have trusted my instincts. Also Susie, the old lady who helped me out the last time, didn't really do a lot of helping. I think because she was old she didn't want to have bend down to fix anything on the gown whilst Megan, young and robust, is willing to crawl through the floors to get everything right.

So we rechecked the bustle and the snaps that need to come together after. I studied it and spent a lot of time just staring at it and bickering over the symmetry and the alignment and how the "wings" by the sides seem to appear. So I asked Megan to remove the snaps from coming together, then I asked her to just keep it bustled. It looked ok and I thought to myself, this is it. But I saw a little something wrong which wasn't really WRONG but it was just off to me. I can't even explain it. Anyway, so finally, in my intention to try out ALL MY OPTIONS, I asked her to remove the bustle. She let the train out and let it just flow on the ground. I looked behind me and I actually like what I saw very much! See, I have never been the train person but when I saw the effect of that train on my gown, I fell in love with it somehow. Also, the train turned out to be a not-so-long one after all- it was a chapel train, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm just relieved that I don't have to deal with it for too long since I'm changing into something more comfortable for the reception. So Megan teaches me how to walk, how to lift my train (in the off-chance that Chime, my sister or any of the maids are occupied), how to kneel and sit down with my gown. She also taught me how not to entangle my slip with my heels. She was very helpful. It got me thinking of Tisha. She, being a girly girl, would've gotten this down to a T. I, on the otherhand, sooo not the girly-girly type, got it to a popular umlaut. I left David's with two options-- keep the train or having it bustled. I can always decide on the day itself as long as those those 3 little thread hoops were in the gown. So if I decide to bustle it up, I can just have them pulled out. Otherwise, I'll just let everything go. So we'll see!

**By the way, Megan just got engaged last October 13, Friday the 13th. And they're getting married on the next Friday the 13th which is on April next year. He proposed to her at her workplace there at David's and she shrrrrieked. What's more, his last name is Right so he really IS her Mr. Right. She told me more stories about them and I just couldn't over their fairy tale story! It's nice to see the love that Joen and I have for each other reflected on other people's eyes because I can so relate and I just want to gush and laugh and smile over it silly. For sure, I'll be sending her a little something because she is such a sweet hardworking girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home