Monday, October 30, 2006

Gowned out

I had previously wanted to rent or borrow my pettislip from Cebu as Tisha suggested but the tailor told me that the gown length depended a lot on the slip poof and length. So I decided to get my pettislip here.

I had my second fitting yesterday, Sunday. The gown fit very well as I don't think I gained a single pound from the first fitting which was 3 months ago, I think. The problem was, I didn't recall anymore which of the slips I had on when I had my gown altered. My tailor, Megan, wasn't around so I had to rely on feel. They had 2 kinds of slips so I tried on this tiered slip. I tried wearing the gown over it and it was ok but I kind of knew something was off. I just couldn't put my finger on it and I knew I had to go home to figure things out. So later when we got home, I checked the previous pics and I realized that I DID wear the OTHER slip during the first fitting. I had 4 pics of me with the slip on and the difference was apparent. So today, I called David's again and scheduled another re-fit with the right slip this time. I will be doing that on Friday when Megan will be around. They can cut the slip then.

**Funny thing w
hen we got home. I had previously hung the gown and veil by our window because it had to be high up. Come bedtime with the lights out, I got so scared of it. Thanks to a terrifying experience my sister had with a jacket hung by the doorknob when she was little, I dread the sight of anything hanging or draping in my bedroom. In my room in Cebu, all towels, hangers, etc. would be folded in a chair nearby. Until now, I still get pre-nightmares over hanging clothes or fabrics. I know it's stupid but it's my thing. Middle of the night, I had to lay down both my gown and veil on the living room couch and eventually transferred them near the heater closet. I mean, look at it. Doesn't THAT remind you of the Corpse Bride?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home