Monday, October 09, 2006

Our Engaged Encounter

Joen and I had just come from the weekend long Catholic Engaged Encounter. We went there not knowing what to expect but no regrets. It was a rather enlightening and inspiring weekend as brave stories of the facilitating couples made us appreciate our blessings more. We also made friends with the other couples who had their own stories. My roommate, Monique, pretty and nice as she is turned out to have been widowed 3 years back and met the mother of her future husband now through one of the Widowed sessions she attended. She is 30 years old and has her life ahead of her. I liked her very much actually. Joen's roommate turned out to be HER fiance so we constantly joked about "arranging" a special overnight visit. Hehe. I would recommend the Engaged Encounter to any couple-to-be as it makes for some much needed learning about each other. It was cakewalk for Joen and I since we've always prided ourselves for keeping our communication channels open but even with that, there were some things we wrote down which we weren't able to verbally relay to each other. I was just grumbling over my lack of sleep since I find it hard to doze off when I'm in a strange or new place. What's worse, I couldn't rely on Joen's warmth and sonorous snoring beside me so I was not in my sleeping element. Good thing, my Lemony Snicket book and iPod kept me company as I stared up at the ceiling, waiting for the sun to rise. Hehe.

Here are a few pics.


This is my roommate, Monique.


Coooold... Brrrr...


This is me on my bed.



And Joen in his.


I'm gonna sue you Paparazzo!



Toothbrush break



Our name tag.


Our certificate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home