Monday, October 02, 2006

To crystal or not to crystal

These past few days, I've asked several people whether or not it's tacky to wear Swarovski as wedding jewelry. So far, all of these helpful people have said that it's totally fine. The thing is, I had never actually thought a lot about what jewelry I'd wear on my wedding day because I really am not a huge jewelry person. I remember my Mom having to have sets of diamonds, sapphires, rubies, jades, etc. She had it all in her overnight bag. I guess I didn't inherit the gem gene. Anyway, a few months ago, I learned that my ear-pierce allergy is back. My mom told me many, many years ago that I could only wear "real jewelry" like real gold and real silver. Nothing coated, plated or whatever. Of course, as a kid, this meant pffft to me but now, I realize just how important it is to be able to wear whatever you want in your ear. A few years back, I became an earring-philiac when the allergy went away for a time. It would come back sometimes but they never got as bad as they used to when I was still a kid. Imagine going to school having to wear those genuine sapphire earrings my Mom gave me. It was burdening to say the least.

Many years and 20 something pairs of earrings later, I have to accept that I cannot wear any of them until my allergies go away again. The entire summer I hadn't accessorized my ears that much and I am such an earring person! So this is quite an issue for me. I don't want to have to spend so much on jewelry (record shows I've been very good at missing a stud or two from time to time) so I'm taking the practical route right now. Thankfully, I saw these really really nice Swarovksi pieces at Von Maur a couple of weeks ago. I figured, if I wear chandeliers, I'll have to do away with the necklace and just wear a bracelet instead. If I wear a drop earring, I can wear a simple necklace with the bracelet. I've pretty much decided on wearing my hair long, twisted and waved, with half of it tied on the back (I believe the popular Filipino term is "half moon"). I've been twisting my hair a lot for quite some time now and I should say I've become a Master of it! Haha!

Anyway, here are a few pics I took 2 weeks ago while spending an entire hour trying things on.


Who knows? I just might get a Pearl set in the end. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home