Sunday, October 29, 2006

Unplanned Accidental Impromptu Surprise Instant Purchase!

Joen and I love going to this store called Borsheims. They sell expensive watches, gems, stones, accessories, glassware and hundreds of other exquisite home decors. Although we don't go there that often, we love visiting the place because we salivate over our "future watches" and our "dream gem sets". Hoen, being a watch guy that he is, loves going there to revisit his "future watch" which will be the IWC. Just looking at it gives him a sense of joy that one day... ONE DAY... "YOU WILL BE MINE!! Bwahahaha!!"

Anyway, last Saturday, we had wanted to eat at this place called Bonefish Grill which was right beside Borsheim's. The resto was closed so we opted for Whole Foods instead which was right across. This slight change of plans didn't cloud our mindset to visit good old Borsheims. So there we went and we do our usual circling around the place when, just right when we were about to leave, we decided to check out the back of the store. I then told Joen, "Hey, I wonder if they sell Swarovski. Their website didn't say so though so most likely..." and before I could finish my sentence, I saw their display area. Lots and lots of Swarovski crystals. So we checked it out not expecting to see the necklace I fell in love with online. Lo! It was there! Waiting for me to arrive, after all! This necklace reminded me so much of that necklace Carrie got from the Russian on Sex and the City during their last episode (It was even accidentally pulled out from her neck when he wanted to get a hold of her. She ended up getting the crystals from her cleavage). This necklace was neither in Von Maur or David's Briar so I wasn't that hopeful about it. Hennyway, after trying it on and "ooohhh"-ing and "aaahhh"-ing over it, we decided to buy it there. And since I could not decide which earrings to get yet, we settled for a piece-meal purchase.

I was sooo happy to have finally bought a piece of my jewelry. And did I mention that their price was cheapest because of their usual 20% discount? The best in life may not be free all the time, but it doesn't hurt if they're at least marked down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home